Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BLACK AND WHITE PRELIM LINE ART FOR "ABE AND THE ALIEN" POSTER PRINTS - Part 2



Here I go presenting my preliminary line art for my alien character, as featured in my popular poster print set
"ABE AND THE ALIEN", now on sale (see sidebar). This is part 2 where I highlight the two main characters B & W artwork, before I lavished glorious color and details and several realistic effects using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. The full color, full sized 11" x 17" poster print is as stunning as it is beautiful as it is high-larious to see upon your very own wall...order your own 2-print set before they are sold out.

Set in some bizarre alternate universe, this alien lizard spaceman is a twisted surrogate for well-known Lincoln assassin, John Wilkes Booth. As conceived by my considerably altered gray matter, this alien is in many respects an homage to the considerable Wally Wood space operas that appeared in various 1950's EC comics, as well as a touch of MAD magazine and underground influence.

Good Lord willing, there is a story written and pages laid out that will one day be completed and published, that is based on my original cover art concept. I will tell you more as this developes.

As you'll notice, I didn't need to finish the alien's entire body, meaning his legs (and tail?), since he would be depicted as emerging from the shadows behind Abraham Lincoln, preparing to deliver the fatal shot.
Click the image to relish all of my Art Adams-y Bill Stout-ish nit-picky details.
Enjoy. 
All images copyright by me.
Only lookie, no touchie...

Alien as colored and published on SLAM BANG #3 cover


No comments:

Post a Comment