Monday, March 14, 2011

COMIC BOOK COLOR FOR A WALLY WOOD CLASSIC!



Here's my take on colorizing a classic Wallace Wood story  "The Curse", originally published in black and white, appearing in Warren Publications VAMPIRELLA #9, in 1971. I believe it appeared in color in the 1986 WORLD OF WOOD #1 by Eclipse Comics, with coloring chores performed by veteran Steve Oliff. I decided to exercise my coloring skills by creating my own color version. I specifically did not refer to Oliff's version, consciously avoiding it, but chose my own color palette independantly. The incredible Wally Wood has ever been one of my artistic influences, and now I can jokingly say that I worked with him. Here is the first page. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice job. Steve Oliff's had a water-colory feel to it, like alot of Eclipse & Pacific comics from the mid-eighties. Hope you post the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog! Today was a lucky day, in a old bookshop of Venice I have found a dusty copy of Warren special 1979 issue "Ring of the Warlords"... inside two gems by Wood: "The Curse" and "Prelude to Armageddon" writen by underground cartoonist Nicola Cuti. The art of Wallace Wood continue to live over the time! To get more info please visit customessayswritingservice.com.

    ReplyDelete